Lake Bomoseen Community Area
The Lake Bomoseen Association, in its mission to protect, preserve and promote our lake, offers educational presentations during the summer months for LBA members and friends of the lake. They are free and are held 9 to 10 AM on the second Saturday of June, July and August at Kehoe Conservation Camp. On July 9, Jeff Biazuzzi is speaking on lake property and zoning. August 13, Enman Engineering is informing us on engineering topics for lake property owners. We hope you can attend the sessions that are of interest to you. Wenda Bird has scheduled these events. For any more information or questions, call 802-468-2281 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to subscribe to or unsubscribe from the LBA mailing list, please send a message, giving your name, preferred email address and permanent mailing address to email@example.com.
- If you would like to join the LBA or renew your membership now, you may send a check payable to LBA, to: LBA, PO Box 655, Castleton, VT 05735, or use PayPal below. Thank you!
-5:00 pm to 7:00 pm on fourth Thursdays. BYOB and appetizers to share
- July 28: Neshobe B Beach, enter Hart Tower Road, off of Drake Road, drive to the end
-August 25: Joe and Laurie Kamuda’s house on Indian Point
-September 22: Chili Dinner at Kehoe Camp
Lake Bomoseen Preservation Trust News
Tax-deductible donations for the benefit of the lake will be gratefully accepted by the Lake Bomoseen Preservation Trust. Please make out your check to the Lake Bomoseen Preservation Trust or LBPT and send it to LBPT, PO Box 356, Bomoseen, VT 05732. A PayPal option is now available below.
Education Series at Kehoe Camp - 9:00 am to 10:00 am
-July 9: Lake Property and Zoning by Jeff Biazuzzi
-August 13: Engineering topics for lake property owners by Enman Engineering
This series is held to fulfill the mission of the LBA to preserve, promote and protect our lake. Contact Davene Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-468-2281 for more information.
The Lake Bomoseen Association is pleased to announce that the KILL the MILfoil 200 Club campaign has surpassed the $60,000 level. Lake homeowners and users have been very generous and this sends the message that many folks care and want to do what is necessary to reduce amount of milfoil in our beautiful lake. After the LBPT has enough on-the-water experience to analyze, purchase of a 2nd harvester will be considered.
The largest contributor to the 200 Club is Green Mountain Feeds, Inc. of Bethel, VT which has donated $20,000. Our thanks go to this company and to all donors to date. Having started the club in September of last year we are extremely grateful to all donors.
Different levels of giving have been formed: Bronze is $200 to $999, Silver $1,000 to $9,999, Gold is $10,000 to $19,999 and Platinum is for donations of $20,000 or more. Contributors will be listed on the LBA website (http://lakebomoseen.mylaketown.com/). We invite any users of Lake Bomoseen to join in the fundraising effort to purchase, maintain and operate another Eco-Harvester. Checks may be made out and mailed to LBPT, PO Box 356, Bomoseen, VT 05732. A PayPal option is available above, should you wish to make a donation now.
Any questions, please contact Davene Brown at email@example.com or call at 518-265-1267.
- This year, Lake Bomoseen has been home for an usual amount of invasive milfoil. We plan to do what we can to reduce it but that comes with a cost. We invite you to support our efforts to accomplish this goal.
- The Shoreland Protection Act, H. 526, is now the law. For the official State version, here is a link to The Vermont Shoreland Protection Act Handbook.
2016 Events Calendar
Board monthly meetings: The next monthly meeting will be at the Castleton Community Center on July 21st, 2016 at 7:00 p.m.
Lake Bomoseen Association (LBA)
THE LAKE BOMOSEEN ASSOCIATION, INC. was formed and incorporated in 1956 by a group of neighbors who loved and cared for Lake Bomoseen and wanted to see it thrive.
We continue today to love and care for the Lake and want the Lake to thrive environmentally, financially and socially in the future.
We value and seek to preserve the historic and natural beauty of the Lake. We work to assure the health of the Lake and its fauna and flora.
We are intensively involved in the battle against current and future invasive species and plants. We run a Greeter Program whereby we inspect all boats launched at the public accesses to prevent the introduction of invasive species.
We encourage and promote safe boating; set and light the guidance and warning buoys; provide the Fourth of July fireworks; and sponsor the Neighborhood socials and picnic each year.
We do all this in close concert with the State of Vermont who owns the lake and the Townships of Castleton and Hubbardton, which surround the Lake. We partner together for preservation and lake management. We engage with the Department of Environment Control, the Agency of Natural Resources, Fish and Wildlife, State Representatives and local government and law enforcement on behalf of the Lake community. We enhance communication through quarterly newsletters, an up to date website, continuous Facebook updates, and Community Bulletin Board postings. An LBA sponsored Lake Bomoseen Perk Card provides discounts from local businesses that support our Lake and appreciate our members’ participation.
LBA is a not-for-profit corporation, 501(c)(7) governed by a Board of Directors elected each year at the summer annual meeting by the vote of the General Membership.
LBA is a proud charter member of the Vermont Lakes Coalition.
News & Events 7/8/2016
2016 CALENDAR OF EVENTS
LBA Board Meetings: Castleton Community Center the 3rd Thursday of most months, 7 PM …check LBA webpage (http://lakebomoseen.mylaketown.com) to find out which months.
LBA Annual Meeting: Saturday, June 25 at 9 AM in the Jeffords Center at Castleton University.
LBA Annual Picnic: Saturday, June 25 at 5pm at Edgewater Motel lake frontage area---BIG BAND BOMO BASH, EnerJazz live band, BBQ chicken & ribs and all the fixings, silent auction, 50/50 raffle, every family attending receives the book Beautiful Lake Bomoseen.
July 4: CELEBRATE CASTLETON all day
- Breakfast at American Legion, 7:30-9:30 AM
- Main Street Castleton Parade with floats ending at Castleton University, 10 AM
- Farmer’s Market, all morning on Main Street
- Boat parade - Line up at Woodard Marine, 1:00 PM
- Music on a Barge, 5 PM
- Kris & Ryan Kuhl Fireworks on the lake, 9 PM
LBA Socials: 5 – 7 PM fourth Thursdays, BYOB & appetizer to share
- June 23 at Davene & Jerry Brown’s home, 2495 Rt. 30, Bomoseen
- July 28 at Neshobe B Beach, enter Hart Tower Road, off of Drake Road, drive to the end
- August 25 at Joe & Laurie Kamuda's house on Indian Point
- September 22 the social committee provides a chili dinner at Woodard Marine Showroom.
Education Series at Kehoe Camp: 9-10 AM
- June 11 - Volunteerism by Bob Franzoni, LBA President
- July 9 ‐ Lake Property & Zoning by Jeff Biazuzzi
- August 13 – Engineering topics for lake property owners by Enman Engineering
Kayaking: 9 am - Wednesday mornings, Contact Joan Argentero (firstname.lastname@example.org ) to get on notification list for locations.
Contact: Davene Brown at email@example.com or 802-468-2281 for more information.Read More Read ALL
Local News 7/25/2016
Despite DNC Calls For 'Unity', Many Vermont Delegates Are Still Resisting Clinton
“Unity” seems to be the one-word mantra that Democratic National Committee officials are using to frame this week’s national convention in Philadelphia. But many Vermont delegates aren’t ready to hold political hands with their party’s pres...Read More